Wednesday 24 August 2011

Fáilte / Welcome!

Hi my name is Máirtín and this is my blog on moving towards a marathon sometime in 2012.

It all started last October after getting married that i decided to take up running (i figured my career as an overweight soccer striker was never going to come to fruition :) ) and took on the Couch to 5K plan to get me started. The target was the 5K Resolution Run on New Years Day of 2011 in Galway, which was my first race in 27:14.

Since then I have competed in several races of 5, 8 and 10k and finally decided to move towards the Half Marathon in Galway on the 1st October and am in the process of training for it now.

So the first target for me is to progress from someone who never ran to completing a half marathon in just under a year.

Hope you all enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment