Wednesday 24 August 2011

Facing my fear




I've sort of jumped into this blog about 8 weeks into my half marathon training, I'm using the Hal Higdon Half Marathon Novice Plan and have progressed to 13.2km without having to stop. Here's hoping i can keep the progress up.

Monday 22/08/11:
My long run was pushed back to Monday this week due to not been home on the weekend but hopefully will get back to normal after this week. Took to Salthill tonight to follow the route of the Galway Bay Half (well the first 13km of it). Was a bit unsettled by this as i wasn't sure what was in front of me, plus i could be putting myself off the race itself :)


Anyways I found the route to be decent and flat, which is a nice change from the usual runs up Taylor's Hill which i've been doing of late. I reckon that the second loop around the caravan park at the 14km mark will be where the suffering will start for the less seasoned runners like myself. But am delighted to knock out the first 13 and a bit km without stopping. A massive jump since April for me, when 5-10km was the target.

Location: First 13km of Galway Bay Half route
Distance: 8.2 miles (13.2 km)
Pace: 8:31 p/mile
Time: 1:09:54

No comments:

Post a Comment