Tuesday 7 February 2012

Back into it

As much as I'd like to say I'm going to do the Duathlon this month, it just won't happen without proper training, its simply an event that if it's disrespected it will make you miserable when you do it. However the plan for the moment is to get into training to do the Great Ireland Run 10k on April 15 in Dublin. I've decided that my first target this year should be to get my 10k PB time down and attempt to make some improvements on it.

For this I am going to use the Hal Higdon 10k Intermediate Plan with hopes that my speed will improve. I took to doing my first 3 mile run yesterday for this plan and have to say I found it tough, although my choice of route did not help as it consisted mainly of sharp inclines and drops, not the ideal way to begin a training plan but worked through it none the less. A nice 30 minute run to get started, not exactly blistering pace, but at least its a start.



Location: Ceantar na n-Oilean
Time: 30:20
Distance: 5.6km (3.5 miles)
Pace: 8:40 p/mile

Have hit the gym now as well to do some core work, so hopefully this will aid me on my way towards improving my times.

No comments:

Post a Comment